Dizziness, also known as vertigo (lat.), is a feeling characterized by rotation of everything that surrounds us, which evokes a sense of falling or floating, instability, subsidence and impaired balance.
The most common reasons that cause the dizziness, beside low blood pressure or transient dizziness which occur when you suddenly stand up, may be anemia – iron-deficiency, blood vessels disorders, as in spondylosis, then conditions related to the center of balance, nerves inflammation or an ear affected by a cold.
This all depends on the accompanying symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness and other similar symptoms that occur at the moment of dizziness. Normally, neurologists are those who estimate the type of vertigo. Dizziness which is often accompanied by fatigue, unconsciousness and general weakness occurs when your body doesn’t have a sufficient amount of iron.
Dizziness may also happen due to a lack of vitamin B2 (riboflavin), magnesium, iron and other mineral substances. It is necessary to include the following foods into your daily nutrition: milk, liver, yeast, cheese, fish, eggs, nuts, especially hazelnuts, walnuts and peanuts, beans, green leafy vegetables, garlic and onion. You must stick to a varied, healthy diet full of proteins, with limited consumption of sweets and stimulants, such as coffee, strong teas and alcoholic drinks.
In order to relieve dizziness make sure you do the proper head exercises – moving your head slowly from side to side, keep the proper posture while driving, sitting and lying and consume natural mint, lemon balm, chamomile, basil, rosemary and hawthorn blossom tea.
Natural vertigo treatment recipes
Those who have problems with vertigo should regularly do the following:
- Drink lemon juice diluted in water and sweetened with honey, or a cocktail of 3 dl of carrot juice and 1 dl of beetroot and cucumber juice.
- Drink apple cider and spray about 10 drops of apple cider vinegar in your nose, before and after noon, for 3-4 days.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm water and drink it, because it has many beneficial effects.
- Put two tablespoons of aniseed in 2 dl of boiling water and drink a cup of this lukewarm beverage after every meal.
- Rosemary tea really helps in the treatment of vertigo: pour 12 g of rosemary with half a liter of boiling water, then drain it and drink as desired.
- Gargle your throat with saline – a tablespoon of salt diluted in 1 dl of water.
- Pour 1.5 liters of mulled wine over a mixture of 10 tablespoons of grated black radish and 5 tablespoons of horseradish, cover it for 2 hours, then add 6 tablespoons of honey and stir it well. Then drink 1 dl of the tea before breakfast, lunch and dinner. The rest of the liquid may be used for the neck massage and the thick residue as a compress, which should be held for 1 hour. The treatment lasts at least 5 days.
- Pour 3 dl of boiling water over 1 tablespoon of chamomile, 1 tablespoon of thyme and 1 tablespoon of elderflower, cover it for 15 minutes, drain, sweeten with honey, then drink a sip or two several times a day. You can also use it for gargling.
- Put a tablespoon of finely chopped marshmallow root in 3 dl of lukewarm water, let it stand for 2 hours, strain it, sweeten with honey, drink a sip or two several times a day and gargle.
Compress and massage – natural vertigo remedies
- Put well warmed, vinegar-moistened brans in a cheesecloth, wrap it around your neck and leave overnight. Cover the cheesecloth with a clean towel.
- Against the neck nerves pain: Pour 8 dl of boiling wine vinegar over a mixture of 5 tablespoons of black radish and finely chopped onion, cover it for 2 hours, strain and hold the compress three times a day for 2 hours. Occasionally make the compress wet with the liquid.
- Against the neck glands swelling: Pour a liter of boiling wine vinegar onto a mixture of 8 tablespoons of grated black radish and 2 tablespoons of horseradish, cover it for 2 hours, then add 5 tablespoons of honey and stir well. Use it for gargling, three times a day. Use the thick residue to make a compress and hold it in your neck for 1 hour, several times a day. The treatment lasts at least 5 days.
- Put a mixture of finely chopped garlic and nettle in previously diluted wine vinegar, stir it and use this liquid for neck, shoulders and temples massage.