Nowadays life of people has become quite stressful. To reduce stress people are getting addicted to things like alcohol, tobacco and drugs. People are searching numerous ways to reduce stress. The best way to reduce stress is through meditation and yoga. Meditation and yoga is the complete package through which you can make your life fit, healthy and stress-free. Yoga and meditation when practiced together strengthen the body and mind connection, improving overall fitness and well-being. Both yoga and meditation, when done regularly, has proven to be highly beneficial. Though the practices of yoga and meditation have their roots in ancient cultures, both have become modern day movements.
What Is Meditation?
Meditation is an ancient process through which a person can get a state of mental silence. Meditation basically responsible for generating an emotional state for the purpose of analyzing state like anger, hatred, etc. With the help of meditation, a person can understand the meaning of peace and calmness and becomes able to find the actual meaning of life itself. So, Meditation is mainly used to clear the mind and it would be very effective when talking about health concerns, such as high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety. Meditation is the key of being healthy for a long time. Routine meditation helps in stress reduction. Meditation involves repeating a mantra and closing the eyes. The mantra that is chosen depends on its suitability to the individual person. Meditation has a calming effect and help individuals to think positive. In simple words, we can say that meditation is a part of yoga and it deals with mental concentration and relaxation.
Increase immunity and helps to fight diseases.
Keeps you stress free
Improves brain performance.
Helps to get a proper and comfortable sleep.
Helps you to feel connected with more friends.
What Is Yoga?
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice or tradition which originated in India. Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj” which means union of the individual awareness or soul with the global Consciousness or Spirit. Yoga is a five thousand year old Indian body of knowledge. Many think of yoga only as a physical exercise where people twist, turn, stretch, in the most complex ways. Yoga is actually the most superficial aspect of this profound science of unfolding the infinite potentials of the human mind and soul. The purpose of yoga is to create awareness and harmony in both the mind and body. Routine yoga also helps in stress reduction. Yoga can be practiced to boost overall health, improve balance, to strengthen muscles and to free the body for meditation. Yoga’s growing popularity is a proof that many people value an exercise system which occupies the mind, body and spirit in equal measure. If you’ve never done yoga before, give it a try and see what it can do for you. Yoga is for everyone, whether you are teen, adult or old.
Types Of Yoga:
There are six different types of Yoga as follows:-
- Hatha Yoga– Hatha yoga refers to practice that combines poses, Asanas with breathing techniques.
- Vinyasa Yoga– Vinyasa yoga sometimes often called as power yoga is a well known sequence like the sun salutation, a flowing series of bending, and stretching Asanas. Expect to do standing and seated poses which develops strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Iyengar Yoga- This method emphasizes proper alignment to toughen the muscles and support the joints.
- Bikram Yoga– Founder Bikram Choudhury created this style of hot yoga in the 1970s. To create the climate as same as above, studios are heated to a sauna to 105 degrees Fahrenheit, with a 40 percent humidity level. Heat loosens your muscles, increasing your ability to stretch.
- Kundalini Yoga- This form of yoga was created to energize the body and calm the mind through movement. The chanting of various mantras, and breathing. The goal is to release the energy that kundalini which is stored at the base of the spine.
- Ashtanga Yoga- This type of yoga consists of a unvarying sequence of poses. Ashtanga yoga requires strength and perseverance.
- Increased Flexibility
- Increases muscle strength and tone
- Improves energy, respiration and vitality
- Weight loss
- Lower blood pressure
- Lessen chronic pain
- Reduce insomnia
- Increases stamina
- Increases self-esteem
The above mentioned points states that doing regular yoga and meditation can help you in reducing stress, living a healthy and fit life with a positive thought.