Smoothies are usually an excellent choice to start off the day. But in case you had an abundant lunch, these smoothies are an excellent solution for dinner – they are rich in nutrients and won’t cause any digestive upset.
If you had a late lunch and you don’t feel like eating late at night, or you simply are not in the mood to prepare dinner, but you feel that your body needs nutrients, try some of these smoothies.
Green smoothie (two servings)
- 1/2 larger cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/3 cup of parsley
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Preparation: Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth mass. Add more almond milk If you want a thinner smoothie.
Carrot smoothie (two servings)
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of cashews (raw, unsalted, pre-soaked)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of clove powder
Preparation: Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth mass. Garnish with a little cinnamon powder and grated carrots, enjoy!