Nowadays the trend is to have blindingly white teeth like many celebrities we are used to see on TV screens or on the front pages of various magazines. Teeth whitening has become a kind of trend because the bright smile and healthy teeth are an aesthetic imperative of the modern era. There is a variety of teeth whitening methods that require a lot of money, but most of the time the results are temporary or only provide an instant effect. These treatments can also damage your tooth enamel and generally harm your teeth and gums.
For this reason, we recommend that you first try natural teeth whitening treatments in order to see whether you will be satisfied with the results. In this article, we will give you a few tips for a natural teeth whitening.
Tooth color and enamel
Tooth color mainly depends on the color of dentin and varies between bluish-white color in milk teeth and yellowish-white color in permanent teeth. The color change happens under the influence of various factors that affect the development and emergence of both milk and permanent dentition – such as metabolism disorders, tooth mineralization, jaundice in newborns, congenital heart defect and others. Colored dental enamel and dark teeth may occur due to the pigment effect of certain foods and beverages we consume, then nicotine, certain medicines, as well as due to aging. We should also avoid or reduce the intake of soy sauce, coffee, wine and some types of teas. If you cannot resist some beverages, remember that you can use a drinking straw.
Home teeth whitening methods
Lemon contains high levels of acid, which works as a powerful bleaching agent.
• Just rub the teeth surfaces with lemon peel or apply lemon juice to them, and you will easily remove dental calculus.
• However, keep in mind that you should not repeat the treatment too often because the frequent use of lemon can damage the tooth enamel.
It is not recommended to use this treatment more than once per month.
Strawberries and baking soda
Strawberries contain acid, which is ideal for teeth whitening and removing stains.
• Mash 2 medium strawberries and mix them with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
• Put the mixture on the toothbrush, leave it on the brush for 5 minutes and then brush your teeth with it.
• When you finish rinse your mouth with warm water.
Strawberries can also be used without baking soda. Just take a couple of strawberries, cut them in half and simply rub them on your teeth for about 2 minutes. Repeat this method 1 to 2 times a week.
Apple cider vinegar and baking soda
Since ACV contains acid it is best to use this bleaching method only once a week.
• Combine baking soda and ACV, until you get the consistency you want (something like toothpaste)
• Use this mixture to brush your teeth with it several times a week.
Lemon and baking soda
• Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with the juice of 1 lemon.
• Apply the resulting mixture to the toothbrush and gently brush your teeth.
• You’ll notice the difference immediately after brushing.
• Apply some olive oil to a cotton pad and rub your teeth with it.
• Another option is to put the olive oil in your mouth and swish it around for some time.
• This should be done on a daily basis, if you don’t mind the taste.
• Take one banana, peel it and rub it on your teeth for about 2 minutes.
• Since banana is not abrasive, you can use this method on a daily basis.
• Add a tiny bit of salt to your toothpaste, it will exfoliate your teeth as you brush.
• Rinse with warm water. You can repeat this process every evening for a couple of days.
Of course, if you want to keep your teeth white and healthy, it is necessary to avoid foods that can create stains, such as: wine, tea, coffee, etc. Use these natural remedies for teeth whitening several times per week and you will always have a dazzling smile.