Honey is the most perfect product of nature, because it contains almost all of the ingredients that can be found in the human body. That is why it is preferred food in many households and with the proper use this sweet and thick juice becomes a valuable medicine.
We are used to take honey usually when we have a cold, forgetting that its properties can help health in many other cases. Also, it is important to know how to use it properly.
If you take honey without liquid, it is preferable to hold it in the mouth until is dissolved. When you put honey in your tea, you must make sure that the drink is not too hot because the high temperatures will make it lose its medicinal properties.
Otherwise, due to its easy digestibility it restores energy and ensures long-term consumption of physical endurance and mental stability.
In addition to these famous benefits of honey, there are also those less known:
– Honey is a true balm when it comes to healing of cuts and burns. If the wound is not too big, put on it a little honey and it will heal faster.
– It relieves hangover. Fructose accelerates the oxidation of alcohol in the liver. Honey contains approximately equal amounts of glucose and fructose, so it can encourage fast elimination of alcohol from the body. Therefore, the next time you drink a bit too much, eat two or three tablespoons of honey.
– It can help in the fight against cancer. Studies in mice have shown that some honeys may prevent growth of cancer cells. But, it is not yet completely confirmed whether it has the same impact on humans. However, it does not hurt and it certainly would not hurt to eat honey as often.
– Sweeter than sugar. This means that a smaller amount of honey can be used to sweeten the drink enough, and the number of calories will be lower.
– It contains antioxidants. Darker honey contains more antioxidants, natural substances that help in the reconstruction of damaged cells that may increase the risk of heart diseases or cancer. Two or three tablespoons of honey a day is just the right amount for good health.